Natural Latex Futon
Natural Latex mattresses work great as a futon and are handmade in the US by White Lotus Home.
- The natural latex futon are a dream come reality. Let us, the leaders in the USA organic bedding industry, hand make you the futon of your dreams. We have been successfully doing this, since 1981.
- This natural latex futon system has been very well received by our customers that want a spring-like feel while sleeping on a Natural environment.
- This is truly the best option for going green and sleeping on a very comfortable bed.
- For those looking to invest in your personal health while keeping the environment in mind, this is the sleep solution for you.
- Flame retardant: Pure Wool
- The wool wrap also acts as a: Natural Dust Mite Repellent & Body Temperature Regulator: the wool wicks away moisture during hot months and keeps your body warm during cold months.
- Our natural Dunlop latex is a "Medium" firmness. In Dunlop terms, it's considered a C3 class, which is a rough equivalent of a 32-ILD in Talalay. While initially quite soft and giving, the natural latex offers excellent support and weight redistribution, cradling the body.
- Additionally, all our latex is made via a variation of the Dunlop Process called the Continuous Pour Process, which we believe makes for the most consistent and even latex product on the market.If you're still curious, please see more information from our supplier here!
- We recommend putting it on a box spring set, platform bed or on a bi-fold or tri-fold futon frame. or even using it as a floor bed. A slatted bed frame is recommended for air circulation and the slats should be at least 2.5" wide and no more than 2" apart from each other. When the slats are more than 2" apart, that may affect the longevity and comfort of your futon mattress.
Standard Futon Sizes & Weights
Lower weights generally reflect a Latex Core or Evergreen Foam Core futons, while higher weights are more typical of a Boulder Style (extra firm) futons. As all White Lotus Home products are unique, all dimensions and weights are approximate. A variation of up to 1" in all directions is appropriate.
|Twin 5" Futon||
|39 x 75 x 5"||
|65 - 75 lbs.|
|XL Twin 5" Futon||∙||39 x 80 x 5"||∙||70 - 80 lbs.|
|Double/Full 5" Futon||∙||54 x 75 x 5"||∙||80 - 90 lbs.|
|Queen 5" Futon||∙||60 x 80 x 5"||∙||95 - 115 lbs.|
|King 5" Futon||∙||76 x 80 x 5"||∙||135 - 160 lbs.|
White Lotus Home offers free shipping within the contiguous United States.
Most orders are shipped via FedEx. When the items leave our facility, you will receive automated tracking information via FedEx. If you do not receive this information, please do not hesitate to email us and our staff can provide a tracking number.
Exceptions are as follows:
- Large orders within 100 miles of our manufacturing facility in New Jersey are eligible for complimentary White Glove Service. If your order qualifies for delivery, our Coordinator will contact you via email at least 3 days prior to your tentative appointment window. For additional information and to see if you qualify, please see here.
- Furnishings outside of our delivery range will ship directly from the manufacturer unless otherwise notified. We will forward tracking information as it becomes available to us.
- Orders shipped internationally, to Alaska and Hawaii, or to APO Boxes may be shipped via the United States Postal Service. Tracking is available upon request.
- Certain items, particularly King Mattresses, may exceed the 150 pound limit for FedEx ground shipments and may need to be sent via FedEx Freight or a private shipping company. We will forward tracking information as it becomes available to us.
As they are raw, minimally processed fibers, our products cannot be completely submerged in water without damaging the fibers within. This includes pillows and duvets.
We recommend spot cleaning your White Lotus Home pillows, duvets, and bedding with a solution of 3 parts water to one part vinegar. Spray the solution onto the stain and expose to sunlight. Let dry and repeat until the stain fades and odors dissipate. You can also substitute vinegar with a mild laundry detergent. For surface stains, hydrogen peroxide works well for blood, whereas rubbing alcohol can help to remove oils from cosmetics.
Bedding should not remain damp, as it may encourage uneven wear or mold growth. Following a spill or cleaning, dry any moisture by placing the item in the sun or by using a hair dryer. Ensure it is fully dry before re-adding sheets or protective covers, such as our Organic Barrier Cloth Covers.
Some fibers, particularly kapok, can absorb the natural oils that keep our face and skin healthy. To restore loft and fluffiness, pillows may be placed in the dryer on the "Cold Air/ Fluff" setting for 15 to 20 minutes. Specially-designed wool dryer balls or clean tennis balls can aid in fluffing the inner fibers. To prevent any damage to the inner fibers, never use a heated setting.
Wool bedding, such as duvets and toppers, occasionally require special care. We recommend exposing it to direct sunlight and air once a month --- sunlight works as a natural sanitizer. If you prefer to send them to the cleaners, use a dry-cleaning process only. Never submerge wool bedding in water or place it in the washing machine, as this can cause irreversible felting of the wool.
Sheets and covers may be washed in cold water on a gentle cycle and dried on low, though line drying is preferable.
All of Coyuchi's cotton and linen products are machine washable. For whites and light colors: We recommend machine washing on the gentle or delicate cycle with warm water and non-phosphate soap. For dark colors: We recommend machine washing on gentle or delicate cycle with cold water and non-phosphate soap. Line dry, or tumble dry low and remove promptly. Use a warm iron on cotton, or a hot iron on linen, as needed. We do not recommend using whiteners as bleaching agents may diminish the brilliance and depth of the colors; when needed, use only non-chlorine bleach. Please refer to the product tag for more specific instructions. Place a set of our wool dryer balls inside the dryer to naturally soften the fabric and reduce drying time.
All Coyuchi organic cotton mattress pads are machine washable. We recommend machine washing on the gentle or delicate cycle with like colors, with cold water and a natural, plant based laundry detergent. We do not recommend using whiteners, as bleaching agents may diminish the brilliance and depth of the colors; when needed, use only non-chlorine bleach. Line dry, or tumble dry low and remove promptly. Fabric softeners and dryer sheets reduce the absorbency of cotton textiles and are not recommended. Place a set of wool dryer balls inside the dryer to naturally soften the fabric and reduce drying time. Use a warm iron as needed.
There are reviews yet.