White Lotus Home Kapok Sleep Pillows
- Our kapok pillows are now made with 100% organic casing and the kapok is harvested in the rainforest, protecting the life ways and ecosystems of indigenous people, and hand-stuffed in the USA to make the most eco-friendly pillows on the market.
- Our luxurious sateen is spun in the USA from 100% USDA-certified organic cotton yarn and handmade in our NJ manufacturing location.
- Kapok, a fiber extracted from the seed pod of the kapok tree, provides the baby soft touch and comfort of down, while offering a natural alternative to the cruelty involved in extracting feathers from our winged friends.
- Kapok pillows mold for your support and pleasure.
- White Lotus Home believes kapok makes the best pillows in the world.
More about kapok (Ceiba pentandra), is also called Java cotton, ceiba, or Java kapok, seed-hair fibre obtained from the fruit of the kapok tree or the kapok tree itself. Is great that it is a tree that will keep on and on providing more kapok naturally. The kapok is a huge tree of the tropical forest canopy and emergent layer. The tree is found throughout the tropics, the kapok is native to the New World and to Africa and at one point it was transported to Asia, where it is cultivated for its fibre, or floss. The kapok’s huge buttressed trunk tapers upward to an almost horizontal, spreading crown where large, compound leaves are made up of five to eight long, narrow leaflets. In full sun, the kapok can grow up to 13 fee per year, thats a lot of natural groth. The tree eventually reaches over 160 feet. The kapok is deciduous, dropping its foliage after seasonal rainy periods. No need to use any machinery or chemicals to remove it! Yeah!! That what we love about it at White Lotus Home. Flowering occurs when the tree is leafless, thereby improving access for the bats that feed on the sugar-laden nectar of kapok blossoms. In doing so, the bats unwittingly pollinate the tree’s flowers. The flowers open at night and have five petals that are white or pink on the outside. Only a few flowers on a given branch will open on any particular night during the two or three weeks that the tree blooms. So cool that is does all of this on its own. We love using kapok.
- We offer our pillows in three different levels of firmness: soft, medium, and firm.
- We also offer our pillows with an optional zipper. If you are unsure of which firmness to get, we recommend you choose a firm pillow with a zipper. This allows you to remove or add the pillow fiber filling (kapok, cotton, wool, buckwheat) to your liking.
- Many pillows need to be replaced after 6-12 months due to a loss in firmness; if you have a pillow with a zipper and you have the fibers that you purchased or removed, you can add them back over time to maintain your preferred level of comfort.
- We also sell our fibers in various weights so you can keep your pillows at the right firmness for years to come. For fiber storage, we recommend you recycle the bag you received your pillows in and store your fibers there, ideally in a cool and dry location.
- NOTE: Because White Lotus Home does not add perfumes, formaldehyde, or dyes to our natural fibers and materials, some of our items will retain their natural scent. Samples of our fibers are available for free by contacting our sales department by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 732-828-2111.
As all White Lotus Home products are unique, listed weights are approximate.
|Standard Kapok Sleep Pillow||∙||Soft||∙||20 x 26"||∙||2 lbs.||∙||Organic Cotton Sateen|
|Standard Kapok Sleep Pillow||∙||Medium||∙||20 x 26"||∙||2.3 lbs.||∙||Organic Cotton Sateen|
|Standard Kapok Sleep Pillow||∙||Firm||∙||20 x 26"||∙||2.8 lbs.||∙||Organic Cotton Sateen|
|Queen Kapok Sleep Pillow||∙||Soft||∙||20 x 30"||∙||2.8 lbs.||∙||Organic Cotton Sateen|
|Queen Kapok Sleep Pillow||∙||Medium||∙||20 x 30"||∙||3.3 lbs.||∙||Organic Cotton Sateen|
|Queen Kapok Sleep Pillow||∙||Firm||∙||20 x 30"||∙||3.8 lbs.||∙||Organic Cotton Sateen|
|King Kapok Sleep Pillow||∙||Soft||∙||20 x 36"||∙||4 lbs.||∙||Organic Cotton Sateen|
|King Kapok Sleep Pillow||∙||Medium||∙||20 x 36"||∙||4.6 lbs.||∙||Organic Cotton Sateen|
|King Kapok Sleep Pillow||∙||Firm||∙||20 x 36"||∙||5.6 lbs.||∙||Organic Cotton Sateen|
|Kapok Body Pillow||∙||Medium||∙||20 x 72"||∙||9 lbs||∙||Organic Cotton Sateen|
|Kapok Body Pillow JR||∙||Medium||∙||20 x 52"||∙||7 lbs.||∙||Organic Cotton Sateen|
|Kapok Travel Pillow||∙||Medium||∙||12 x 16"||∙||.8 lbs.||∙||Organic Cotton Sateen|
All orders from White Lotus Home ship FREE in the contiguous United States.
Most of our orders are shipped through FedEx. After you place your order, you’ll receive a tracking number so you can anxiously await your new mattress.
Live within 100 miles of our New Jersey Facility? You may qualify for free delivery!
If your order qualifies, our dedicated Dream Team will reach out to you at least 3 days before your tentative delivery date. To see if you qualify for our White Glove Delivery Service, click here.
If located in Alaska or Hawaii, to an APO box, or outside of the US, your order will ship via USPS.
Please note that these shipments do not automatically come with tracking, but that tracking numbers are available upon request.
Larger orders may need to ship via FedEx Freight.
Ordering a king sized mattress? Orders exceeding 150 lbs may need to be shipped via FedEx Freight of a private shipping company. Your tracking information will be updated accordingly.
Click here for more information on our shipping policies.
Cleaning Your Pillows
We always recommend spot cleaning our pillows — never saturate them with any liquid. We always recommend to our customers that they add one of our protective Barrier Cloth pillow covers, to ensure spills never get out of hand.
To spot clean, we suggest a mild solution of three parts water to one part vinegar in a spray bottle, but for particularly stubborn spills, a mild detergent is perfectly fine to add to the bottle as well.
Always ensure your pillow is thoroughly dried after a spot cleaning, either by using a hair dryer or placing it in the sun to air out.