Green Cotton Boulder Futon
Is this you?
- You know you need a good, supportive futon in order to wake up feeling the best in the morning.
- You enjoy sleeping on your stomach or back.
- You experience back, neck, or joint problems.
- You often sleep with a partner or pet.
If you’ve said an enthusiastic “YES!” to all 4 points…The Green Cotton BOULDER Futon is your key to better sleep!
Green Cotton Boulder Futon
For those who want a firm natural futon that offers the support their hips and spine need, our Green Cotton Boulder futon is made of the purest materials, for sleep that’s healthy inside and out. The firmest futon we make, the Boulder is comprised of endless layers of Green Cotton. Deliciously solid, the Boulder starts as thin as six inches and can be made up to eight inches thick. From Cot to California King — and in custom sizes, too — these organic futons offer a natural and hypoallergenic alternative in almost every size.
What Is Green Cotton?
A more affordable option to our organic cotton products, our Green Cotton is grown in the United States — it just isn’t certified organic. This more affordable material is slightly firmer than organic cotton, but the real beauty is in what it doesn’t have:
NO flame retardants
Grown by farmers right here in the US, Green Cotton is a fabulous cost-savings material that doesn’t put you in contact with harmful chemicals typically found in conventional cotton.
Sleeping on the Green Cotton Boulder Futon
The Boulder is a futon without springs, and as such won’t transfer motion between sleepers. We recommend putting it on a box spring set or platform bed, or on a bi-fold or tri-fold futon frame and even using it as a floor bed. A slatted bed frame is recommended for air circulation and the slats should be at least 2.5" wide and no more than 2" apart from each other. Firm and supportive, the Boulder offers our firmest feel, in healthy and non-toxic materials you can feel good about curling up against.
Please note: This futon requires a prescription from a licensed physician for purchase. After purchase, please fax, email, or mail a copy of your prescription in a timely manner, so that we can begin handcrafting your futon.
Send prescriptions to: Info@whitelotushome.com OR White Lotus Home 745 Joyce Kilmer Avenue, Ste E New Brunswick, NJ 08901
Want to skip the prescription? Check out our line of Dreamton futons, which include a layer of luxurious wool that acts as a natural flame retardant! No prescriptions are needed, and no flame retardants.
What is the difference between a White Lotus Home Futon and a White Lotus Home Mattress?
You can watch this video about our Futon Mattresses but the differences between the two are simple:
1. A mattress is made standard at 6" thick, while a futon is 5" thick.
2. A mattress comes with side handles to help maneuver its size, but a futon is made without handles.
3. A mattress has side panels that give it a boxier shape, while a futon has rounded sides. These differences allow us to make futons out of the same high-quality material as mattresses, but for less cost. White Lotus Home mattresses can be made up to 8" inches thick.
All of our mattress options can be made in "Futon" and "Mattress" styles.
Contact us for your FREE Natural Bedding Consultation at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 877 HANDMADE or 732-828-2111.
Standard Futon Sizes & Weights
Lower weights generally reflect a Latex Core or Evergreen Foam Core futons, while higher weights are more typical of a Boulder Style (extra firm) futons. As all White Lotus Home products are unique, all dimensions and weights are approximate. A variation of up to 1" in all directions is appropriate.
|Twin 5" Futon||
|39 x 75 x 5"||
|65 - 75 lbs.|
|XL Twin 5" Futon||∙||39 x 80 x 5"||∙||70 - 80 lbs.|
|Double/Full 5" Futon||∙||54 x 75 x 5"||∙||80 - 90 lbs.|
|Queen 5" Futon||∙||60 x 80 x 5"||∙||95 - 115 lbs.|
|King 5" Futon||∙||76 x 80 x 5"||∙||135 - 160 lbs.|
How will my order ship? Will I be able to track my order?
White Lotus Home offers free shipping within the contiguous United States.
Most orders are shipped via FedEx. When the items leave our facility, you will receive automated tracking information via FedEx. If you do not receive this information, please do not hesitate to email us and our staff can provide a tracking number.
Exceptions are as follows:
- Large orders within 100 miles of our manufacturing facility in New Jersey are eligible for complimentary White Glove Service. If your order qualifies for delivery, our Coordinator will contact you via email at least 3 days prior to your tentative appointment window. For additional information and to see if you qualify, please see here.
- Furnishings outside of our delivery range will ship directly from the manufacturer unless otherwise notified. We will forward tracking information as it becomes available to us.
- Orders shipped internationally, to Alaska and Hawaii, or to APO Boxes may be shipped via the United States Postal Service. Tracking is available upon request.
- Certain items, particularly King Mattresses, may exceed the 150 pound limit for FedEx ground shipments and may need to be sent via FedEx Freight or a private shipping company. We will forward tracking information as it becomes available to us.
As they are raw, minimally processed fibers, our products cannot be completely submerged in water without damaging the fibers within. This includes pillows and duvets.
We recommend spot cleaning your White Lotus Home pillows, duvets, and bedding with a solution of 3 parts water to one part vinegar. Spray the solution onto the stain and expose to sunlight. Let dry and repeat until the stain fades and odors dissipate. You can also substitute vinegar with a mild laundry detergent. For surface stains, hydrogen peroxide works well for blood, whereas rubbing alcohol can help to remove oils from cosmetics.
Bedding should not remain damp, as it may encourage uneven wear or mold growth. Following a spill or cleaning, dry any moisture by placing the item in the sun or by using a hair dryer. Ensure it is fully dry before re-adding sheets or protective covers, such as our Organic Barrier Cloth Covers.
Some fibers, particularly kapok, can absorb the natural oils that keep our face and skin healthy. To restore loft and fluffiness, pillows may be placed in the dryer on the "Cold Air/ Fluff" setting for 15 to 20 minutes. Specially-designed wool dryer balls or clean tennis balls can aid in fluffing the inner fibers. To prevent any damage to the inner fibers, never use a heated setting.
Wool bedding, such as duvets and toppers, occasionally require special care. We recommend exposing it to direct sunlight and air once a month --- sunlight works as a natural sanitizer. If you prefer to send them to the cleaners, use a dry-cleaning process only. Never submerge wool bedding in water or place it in the washing machine, as this can cause irreversible felting of the wool.
Sheets and covers may be washed in cold water on a gentle cycle and dried on low, though line drying is preferable.
All of Coyuchi's cotton and linen products are machine washable. For whites and light colors: We recommend machine washing on the gentle or delicate cycle with warm water and non-phosphate soap. For dark colors: We recommend machine washing on gentle or delicate cycle with cold water and non-phosphate soap. Line dry, or tumble dry low and remove promptly. Use a warm iron on cotton, or a hot iron on linen, as needed. We do not recommend using whiteners as bleaching agents may diminish the brilliance and depth of the colors; when needed, use only non-chlorine bleach. Please refer to the product tag for more specific instructions. Place a set of our wool dryer balls inside the dryer to naturally soften the fabric and reduce drying time.
All Coyuchi organic cotton mattress pads are machine washable. We recommend machine washing on the gentle or delicate cycle with like colors, with cold water and a natural, plant based laundry detergent. We do not recommend using whiteners, as bleaching agents may diminish the brilliance and depth of the colors; when needed, use only non-chlorine bleach. Line dry, or tumble dry low and remove promptly. Fabric softeners and dryer sheets reduce the absorbency of cotton textiles and are not recommended. Place a set of wool dryer balls inside the dryer to naturally soften the fabric and reduce drying time. Use a warm iron as needed.
- Green Products & Services Guide
- About White Lotus Home
- Our Natural Materials
- Our Mattresses
- Our Pillows & Bedding
- Product Care Instructions
- Products Weights & Sizes
- Ordering with White Lotus Home
- Shipping, Delivery, & Assembly
- Returns, Exchanges, & Cancellations
- Wholesale & Private Label
- Customer Feedback
There are reviews yet.