Green Habits Can Start Early!
Enjoy these Fun, Eco-Friendly, Earth-Conscious Activities with Your Kiddos this Earth Month
Last summer, White Lotus Home ran one of the most well received newsletter series we’ve ever shared with our community called “Do It 4 The Children”.
We received many emails and comments with such positive feedback from that campaign! And we also discovered that many folks here in our community are concerned about the world our children are growing up in – and the world we’ll be leaving to them.
WE HEAR YOU!
We are too, which is part of why we do what we do here at White Lotus Home. That’s why we can’t let this Earth Month pass by without including our kids. Perhaps one of the best things we can do for them is to teach them how to build green habits early!
So, without further ado, here are 6 fun ways you can instill consciousness and help young ones start building clean, green habits today:
Have an Eco-friendly Picnic
Did you know that single-use plastic is one of the biggest pollutants found in the ocean? As an exercise to explore how to avoid these plastics, try packing a lunch using only reusable containers, utensils, and napkins, then take it to a local park or outdoor area. Your young one will see how single-use plastics can be avoided, and as an added bonus, you can pick up litter in the park when you’re finished!
Take a Nature Walk or Hike
If you grow up in an urban area, it can be hard to imagine what Earth looks like untouched by humans. Take your young one to a natural outdoor space, like a forest, open meadow, or nature preserve, and talk to them about the importance of keeping these natural habitats safe from harm or destruction.
Visit a Local Farm or Farmers Market
As we mentioned in last week’s newsletter, many foods travel more than 1,000 miles before reaching your plate! That’s a lot of burnt fossil fuels! Take your young one to a local farm or a farmer's market to teach them about where their food comes from, and about the importance of buying locally grown food, or growing your own green goodness.
Go on a Litter Clean-up Mission
Take a garbage or grocery bag and go on a walk around your neighborhood to clean up any litter you see. You can talk about the importance of keeping our environment clean, and even make it a competition to see who can pick up the most trash!
Have a “Green” Story Time!
Enjoy a "Green" Themed Movie Night
Choose a movie with an environmental message like Wall-E or The Lorax, and make some eco-friendly snacks to enjoy while you watch!
Remember, while Earth Day is a great opportunity to teach kids about the importance of protecting our planet and to help them establish eco-friendly habits, these activities can be done any day of the year!
Save the Earth
While You Sleep This Earth Month!
Use code EARTH at checkout to get 22% OFF your White Lotus Home order + Get the $20 WLH cash automatically!!
(excludes fibers, fabrics, furniture, and custom!)
GET UP TO 26% off with a VENMO, ZELLE, CASH, or CHECK payment!
PLEASE NOTE: We will update your order with the extra 4% manually, & email you a new order total to send your payment.
GET EXTRA “GREEN” IN YOUR POCKET
THIS GREEN MONTH!
For the month of April, we’re giving away $20 in WLH cash to EVERYONE who shares this post on any social media platform. Just email us a link to your post so we can deliver your cash! :)
PLUS, 10 WINNERS will be chosen to receive $200 of WLH cash EACH! To enter to win the $200, simply leave a detailed review here and the top 10 reviews will be chosen throughout the rest of this month. (If your entry is chosen, we will reply to your review, comment, or email.)
OUR FIRST TWO WINNERS ARE...
We will be sending you an email with your $200 WLH CASH!
April is one of our favorite months of the year at WLH, and it’s not just because it’s Earth Month (I mean, let’s be honest… we believe in celebrating and caring for our Mother Earth all year round. 😉).
This month is extra special to us because we celebrate our company’s anniversary right on 4/22, which happens to be Earth Day too!!
(Marlon, Lily, and Elizabeth Pando also celebrate the birth of their Mother, Maria Teresa Pando Sabaducci, on this same day too! Coincidence? 😀 )
We couldn’t run this little green business without the support of our incredible community, so we’d like to celebrate this very special time with a little something just for you…
One of our favorite ways to celebrate is with GIFTS! 🎁
That’s why we’re giving away FREE Green Cotton Pillows, Duvets, Toppers, and even a Dreamton Mattress to multiple community members weekly throughout the whole month of April!
We know you’re excited because we are too, so without further ado, here are all the juicy green details about what YOU could win and how to enter:
Entering is easy!
Choose as many of the following options as you like to enter to win. The more entries you make, the greater your chances are of winning!
Here’s how you can enter to win one of these Green Goodies:
- Option 1:
Take 25% OFF EVERYTHING STORE WIDE with Coupon Code: “GW25” at checkout and up to 28% off, if you pay via cash, check, Venmo or Zelle. Each purchase equals one entry. :)
- Option 2: Write a review about your WLH experience here!
- Option 3: Share on your social media and hashtag #whitelotushome & tag @whitelotushome. (This part is important. If we aren’t tagged, we won’t see your entry!)
- Option 4: Hit the Share ⬆️ button on this newsletter to share it with your friends and family, and please hashtag #whitelotushome or @whitelotushome.
- Option 5: Like 👍, Comment💬, and Post 🎯 about your experience with WLH product(s) on social media, and you will receive another entry to win!
Use any of the above options to receive 1 ENTRY for the giveaway until the end of April. You can enter as many times as you like! (We mean it when we say “the more, the merrier!”)
It’s simple! If your entry is chosen, we will reply to your order, review, comment, or email.
(We do this all of the time and it works out nicely. 😁)
What Are You Waiting For?!
We can’t wait to read your posts, comments, shares, emails, and likes!
GO WIN SOME GREEN GOODIES!!
At White Lotus Home, we believe that women are an incredibly valuable asset to our society and our business.
In fact, we can’t celebrate our 40th Anniversary without giving major credit to all of the women who have led our company over the years!
Did you know?
💚 Since 1981, White Lotus Home has been established and run primarily by women
💚 Our Vice President, Elizabeth Pando, was also born in 1981. (We won’t tell you how old she will be this year, but if you guessed 20, you are right!... times two 😉)
💚 Earth Day is celebrated on April 22nd, and our owner’s mom’s birthday is the same day! She worked diligently at White Lotus Home until 2010. We still have her beautiful plants all over the showroom, and we continue to honor all she taught us before she left Mother Earth. While we celebrate our company’s 40th Anniversary, we will celebrate her legacy as well.
Our 40th Anniversary Earth Day Celebration Is Here!
Since 1981, we’ve done our best to offer competitive prices on green and organic mattresses, pillows, and bedding. However, the problem we hear all too often is that our customers want to choose 100% organic products but can not afford the up to 50% more in cost.
We hear you, we understand, and we want to help!
To celebrate our 40th Anniversary, we will give 40 lucky winners the opportunity to purchase any WLH Organic Bedding at our non-organic Green Product Prices. That means you could save up to 50% on the cost of any WLH 100% GOTS Certified Organic product!
Here’s how to enter…
Step 1: Follow us on Facebook and/or Instagram
Step 2: Write a post or leave a comment telling us why you want a WLH Organic Mattress, Pillow, Duvet, or Topper in your home
Step 3: Tag all the friends you can! The more the merrier!
40 lucky winners will be chosen before this coming Earth Day, April 22nd, 2021. You can enter every day or as many times as you like until then to increase your chances of winning. 😁
We look forward to reading your posts and comments!
Need Pillows for the Whole Family?
Don’t Miss This BOGO Deal!
This week’s 40th Anniversary Celebration Savings Offer is a BOGO deal on the next 100 orders!
Enter coupon code “BOGO” at checkout to buy one pillow and get one FREE!
*This deal is only available to the next 100 orders, so don’t delay!*
A Party is Always Better with Friends!
Please remember, our ten crew strong family-owned and operated business relies almost entirely on REFERRALS, so please invite your friends and family to subscribe to our mailing list so they can join in on the fun of our 40th Anniversary Celebration too!
FINE PRINT: BOGO valid on pillow orders of 2 or more. ADD an EVEN # of pillows to your CART to see the savings! FREE pillow will be of equal or lesser value. Valid towards NEW PILLOW Orders only. FIRST 100 PILLOW Orders!
Contact us today 1-877-426-3623 or 732-828-2111
Everyday is Earth Day at White Lotus Home.Get involved.Here are ways to celebrate Earth Day. Don't restrict yourself to just April 22: learn about how you can help Save the Earth.
- Sleep on organic bedding. Try a Kapok pillow, organic cotton sheets or an organic mattress or topper. Whitelotushome.com has Earth Day specials to make it affordable to achieve your first Organic Dream.
- Spread the word. Just talking about the environment with people who may not think about it that much is a good way to celebrate Earth Day. Talk to kids, co-workers, friends, neighbors and siblings about the environmental issues you care about most. Recycling? Energy conservation? Organic food choices? You get the idea.
- Attend an Earth Day event. You’ll be introduced to new environmentally friendly products, eat locally grown food and chat with people who are making a difference.
- Make a recycling plan. Know what you can and can’t recycle, and start separating out recyclable goods!
- Cook a special Earth Day meal. Invite friends and family over for menu that uses locally produced vegetables, fruit and other produce. Consider a totally organic meal. If you still would like meat, look for locally produced, organic meat.
- Fix a leaky faucets. Drip, drip, drip. You’ve put off repairing that leaky faucet project for some time now. Only 1 percent of Earth’s water is drinkable, and our supply is endangered. Use Earth Day as motivation to stop wasting water and fix those leaks.
- Carpool. Taking cars off the road is one of the best ways to combat climate change. Find people in your neighborhood to share the daily commute, or find a ride-sharing partner online.
- Skip the bottled water. Bottled water consumes huge amounts of fossil fuels to produce and transport, and most of those recyclable water bottles end up in landfills. Get yourself a refillable and permanent water bottle to carry with you. Save money, and the environment, too.
- Organize a community cleanup. Get a group together to clean up your local park, schoolyard or beach.
- Write your elected representatives. Reaching out to elected officials to voice your concerns about local environmental issues. Letter-writing is one of the best ways to have your voice heard.
- Go carless! Walk, ride a bike or use public transportation. Leave the car at home. Plus, its great exercise!
- Share Earth Day with children. Help children use recycled products to make art projects. Talk with them about Green living and the importance of preserving Mother Earth.
What do you do to help SAVE THE EARTH? Leave your comments below.