- Since 1981, White Lotus Home has been established and ran primarily by women
- We are still hand making mattresses, pillows, duvets, and toppers from A to Z
- We have used over 2,000,000 pounds of American grown us cotton
- We use Green Cotton, grown & aggregated in the USA, with no dyes or formaldehyde.
- We use GOTS Certified Organic Cotton, which is held to the highest standards for health and sustainability. Pesticide and insecticide free 100% natural and biodegradable
- We have used over 20,000 lbs of US grown wool
- We use undyed, untreated, virgin lamb’s wool! Washed with a mild detergent but contains no chemical treatments
- We use Organic GOTS Certified Wool, held to the highest standards for health and sustainability. Pesticide and insecticide free.
- We use US grown buckwheat hulls, which are the shells derived from buckwheat plants. Naturally resistant to pests and competitive with weeds, buckwheats are a sustainable crop to grow and require very little input from the land to mature.
- We use Natural Latex which provides a soft and bouncy feel without the sharpness or gradual loss of elasticity of springs. And while all latex is a man-made material, it is derived from rubber tree sap and not synthetic elastic.
- We use evergreen foam that is manufactured 100% in the United States from a mixture of natural plant-based oils and conventional non-toxic polyols.
- We use Organic Cotton Sateen Fabrics which is as sustainable and healthy as organic cotton, and a whole lot softer. GOTS Certified and Imported from Pakistan.
- We create close to zero waste since we upcycle as much as possible
- Donated close to $100,000 worth of organic and green products in the last 10 years
- Close to 100,000 sleeping pillows handmade in the USA in the last 15 years
- Over 3,000 organic and green mattress handmade yearly in the USA
- One Storefront, over 50 sites selling to customers worldwide
- Over 30 wholesale and Private Label clients all over the world
- Run and operated by 10 great American workers
- Over 90% of the raw goods we use are made or grown in the USA
- We currently use over 20,000 pounds of kapok yearly. This Sustainable product helps boost economies in Indonesia
- Hand make organic, green, and Vegan products in the USA
- Our mattresses never ever have springs, who wants to sleep on top of metals anyway?
- Our zippered pillows make them adjustable and longer lasting than most others
- We created the first ever, green contour pillow, once that is adjustable and cheaper than most conventional contour pillows
- We created the first ever, skinny mattress
- We hand made the first GOTS Organic Certified face mask
- We take any leftover scrap fabrics and create Upcycled Shopping bags
- We love what we do so much that we give away free testing samples all the time.
- We use an electric vehicle to make some of the local deliveries
- We created a hybrid mattress
- We do a ton of custom work and can custom make mattresses, pillows, and even Noodles!
- We have a pretty active private label clientele
- We cater to newborn and toddler sleep as well :)
- We carry only made in the USA solid wood furniture
- Our toppers are a great way to sleep greener without investing all that green :)
- We created the firmest mattress ever, without the use of metals and toxins
- We offer Free Shipping to anyone in the contiguous USA
- We offer Free White Glove Delivery Service to anyone within 150 miles from our facility in NJ
- Thanks to you, we are ready for 40 more, thanks for Saving the Earth While You Sleep!
At White Lotus Home, we believe that women are an incredibly valuable asset to our society and our business.
In fact, we can’t celebrate our 40th Anniversary without giving major credit to all of the women who have led our company over the years!
Did you know?
💚 Since 1981, White Lotus Home has been established and run primarily by women
💚 Our Vice President, Elizabeth Pando, was also born in 1981. (We won’t tell you how old she will be this year, but if you guessed 20, you are right!... times two 😉)
💚 Earth Day is celebrated on April 22nd, and our owner’s mom’s birthday is the same day! She worked diligently at White Lotus Home until 2010. We still have her beautiful plants all over the showroom, and we continue to honor all she taught us before she left Mother Earth. While we celebrate our company’s 40th Anniversary, we will celebrate her legacy as well.
Our 40th Anniversary Earth Day Celebration Is Here!
Since 1981, we’ve done our best to offer competitive prices on green and organic mattresses, pillows, and bedding. However, the problem we hear all too often is that our customers want to choose 100% organic products but can not afford the up to 50% more in cost.
We hear you, we understand, and we want to help!
To celebrate our 40th Anniversary, we will give 40 lucky winners the opportunity to purchase any WLH Organic Bedding at our non-organic Green Product Prices. That means you could save up to 50% on the cost of any WLH 100% GOTS Certified Organic product!
Here’s how to enter…
Step 1: Follow us on Facebook and/or Instagram
Step 2: Write a post or leave a comment telling us why you want a WLH Organic Mattress, Pillow, Duvet, or Topper in your home
Step 3: Tag all the friends you can! The more the merrier!
40 lucky winners will be chosen before this coming Earth Day, April 22nd, 2021. You can enter every day or as many times as you like until then to increase your chances of winning. 😁
We look forward to reading your posts and comments!
Need Pillows for the Whole Family?
Don’t Miss This BOGO Deal!
This week’s 40th Anniversary Celebration Savings Offer is a BOGO deal on the next 100 orders!
Enter coupon code “BOGO” at checkout to buy one pillow and get one FREE!
*This deal is only available to the next 100 orders, so don’t delay!*
A Party is Always Better with Friends!
Please remember, our ten crew strong family-owned and operated business relies almost entirely on REFERRALS, so please invite your friends and family to subscribe to our mailing list so they can join in on the fun of our 40th Anniversary Celebration too!
FINE PRINT: BOGO valid on pillow orders of 2 or more. ADD an EVEN # of pillows to your CART to see the savings! FREE pillow will be of equal or lesser value. Valid towards NEW PILLOW Orders only. FIRST 100 PILLOW Orders!
Contact us today 1-877-426-3623 or 732-828-2111
How Today’s Everything Buyers Are Forcing Brands to Shape Up (Or Ship Out)
NEW BRUNSWICK, NEW JERSEY, UNITED STATES, March 31, 2020 /EINPresswire.com/ -- There is nobody more discerning in modern history than the millennial buyer.
Call him what you will, but today’s late 20’s to early 40s aged buyer is deliberate bordering on the fickle, and it shows. Research shows that more than 63% of purchases made online are made based on user-generated content, ranging from Amazon reviews to unboxing videos on YouTube.
But as the social media takeover gets a new kind of foothold, consumers are exercising an even more potent buyer right: the right to take sales from the companies who don’t give a crap.
The Buyers With the Heart On Their Sleeve
Boomers and Gen-Xers may lament the studious tastes of their generational successors, but the fact is that these buyers are about to make up the majority of the nation’s economic might.
In 2018, millennials were projected to overtake Gen-Xers as the carriers for the single largest buying power in the United States, with an estimated $200 billion in collective annual spending.
But this generation spends its money unlike any other, and if there’s one thing the data shows, it’s that the economic constraints of the highest cost of living in decades hasn’t phased them — they’re living frugally, and still putting their money into purchases from ethical brands.
On average, most millennials spend their time and money in places and experiential purchases that are value aligned, meaning they’re willing (and able) to spend more money on things like organic produce, whereas they might save money by cohabitating with friends or family members.
In most cases, what’s most remarkable about this generation is that they’re 75% more likely to buy from a company whose values align with their own.
Millennials are putting their money where their mouth is, and their mouth is fed up with unsustainable business models that take endlessly from the environment.
Greenwashing Is a Bust
About five years ago, marketing terms like ‘natural’ and ‘green’ would fly enough to give companies a spike in interest for conscientious buyers. Over time however, shoppers opened up to the idea that they were being manipulated, and the game got blown wide open.
It shows tremendous restraint on the part of the buyers to hold out and pay more for ethical brands. Now things like MadeSafe and GOTS-certified are the new standards in eco-validation, and buyers are more aware all the time of ways to identify the frauds and the fakes in the business.
The label-reading generation who elicited so many eyerolls in its early days is in its renaissance of making changes, and the effects are rippling out to wider profit margins in value-aligned industries not seen since the dawn of inflation.
Brands are capitalizing on the response in the best way — by greening their businesses, and creating conscious enterprises that operate as a force for good.
It’s Supply and Demand, Baby
For small companies like White Lotus Home, an eco-friendly bedding supplier, the change is hardly a shocker.
“Today’s businesses have to adapt to the “organic” change and understand that Millennials, and even some Gen Xers, read labels and do their homework before shopping. They’re changing many industries,” says President Marlon Pando.
The homegrown New Jersey based company has just celebrated one of its latest in ethical manufacturing achievements: becoming GOTS certified.
“When I started working for White Lotus Home in 2006, it was good enough for customers to know that we were doing our best to be natural and organic, but now they look for proof beyond marketing, they need facts.
At White Lotus Home, integrity has been key, word of mouth is responsible for over 70% of our business and becoming GOTS was the best next step.”
In 2018, a whopping 85% of purpose-driven brands saw positive revenue growth, compared to the 42% of non-purpose driven brands who saw a DROP in revenue.
The numbers speak for themselves: positive changes might exist in the hands of conscious enterprises like White Lotus Home.
White Lotus Home is a sustainable bedding manufacturer selling mattresses, duvets, pillows, sheets, and more online and in-store at their New Jersey showroom location. They’re committed to producing clean, hypoallergenic environmental change, one mattress at a time.
White Lotus Home
email us here
Visit us on social media:
It’s hard to believe what we are all experiencing, sending prayers your way 🙏.
Our White Lotus Home family extends prayers and warm wishes to you and your families during this difficult time.
Here is more about the extra steps we are taking to service our customers.
We are following the guidance of global health experts at WHO and U.S. CDC on preventing the spread of the COVID-19 virus including the following:
- Any employee that shows any signs of illness, is asked to please go home. We are working on offering more paid days off as soon as we get new financial assistance. Thankfully, none of our crew members has had to go home due to illness.
- Our staff is following all the frequent hand washing protocols.
- We are cleaning and disinfecting our entire facility daily, including but not limited to cleaning all door handles inside and out, bathrooms and kitchen, areas of handcrafting.
- Every handcrafter and staff member is now working in their own separate rooms.
- Once each product has been handcrafted, they are properly sealed in a bag (or paper wrapped if you prefer). For orders shipping via UPS, FedEx or USPS, the already sealed order is placed inside a brand new box.
In order to reduce exposure from the time your order is handmade in our NJ facility until the time it enters your home:
- When your order arrives, you can remove and discard/recycle the box outside before you bring the bagged product(s) into your home.
- We do all of our own Deliveries within 150 miles, but from now until further notice, we will not be able to enter your homes. Again, the products are delivered in a sealed bag, but we are adding a second bag or box so that when we deliver it, we/you can remove the outer bag, dispose/recycle it before bringing the mattress into your home.
- Prefer for us to HOLD YOUR ORDER FOR FREE? We can keep your order in our private warehouse for up to 3 weeks for free, before you pick it up, we ship it or hand deliver it. There would be a $100 fee monthly thereafter.
Our customer service hours are 10 am to 5 pm EST Monday to Saturday, by calling 732-828-2111. Showroom is closed!
PRICE ALERT! In 2018, our prices may change! While our cost of goods sold has gone up over the last 3 years, we have not changed our MSRP since 2015. Here it is! Tuesday started the last week, for you to get 2015 prices on your favorite organic and natural mattresses, pillows, sheets, toppers, and bedding.
White Lotus Home will like to thank you, "our loyal customers" once again! 70% of our business still comes from you telling your friends and family about us, so please keep spreading the word and Gracias :) !
So great to see how much the Organic Industry has grown.
HIGHLAND PARK, NJ – White Lotus Home, a leading manufacturer and distributor of handmade organic bedding, announced activities marking the company’s 35th Anniversary Celebration. White Lotus Home, founded on Earth Day 1981, has always been based in New Jersey, where it manufactured all its USDA-Certified organic mattresses, pillows and bedding from pure wool, cotton and other natural products.
On April 22nd, 2016, White Lotus Home will sponsor Earthfest, a celebration of Earth Day at its Highland Park factory and showroom to mark the company’s 35 years in business. “Everyday is Earth Day at White Lotus Home,” said Marlon Pando, White Lotus Home’s president. “We’re a thrilled for so many years to share our passion for the health benefits that come from a Green lifestyle. We’re proud to call New Jersey home. We’ve been part of the community from the start. That will never change.”
Earthfest, which is free and open to the public, is scheduled from 4 pm to 8 pm at Lotus Studio, an event space above the company’s showroom at 431 Raritan Ave, Highland Park, NJ. The diverse gathering of political leaders, community organizers, local small businesses, artisans and green grocers. White Lotus artisans in Highland Park manufacture and sell housewares and bedding made from eco-friendly products free of toxic materials and fire retardants. The products are sold by a network of 100 online resellers and retail outlets in the U.S. and Canada. The company also manufacturers Private Label products, which are resold by ultra-luxury and regional brands.
“As the Internet continues to make the world a smaller place to do business,” explained Elizabeth Pando-Nieves, White Lotus’s vice president who oversees Private Label and wholesale operations, “we can reach our customers in all of the Americans? and Canada and major cities in the world, particularly in the Caribbean, South and Central America.”
About White Lotus Home.
White Lotus Home is a leading manufacturer and distributor of organic bedding dedicated to our customers, our employees and our planet. Founded in 1981, our company provides consumers with certified organic bedding created by hand from pure American-grown cotton, wool and other natural products. White Lotus Home is dedicated to educating consumers about indoor air quality and toxic chemicals in mattress foams, glues, and fire retardant substances. Our showroom and fabrication plant in Highland Park, N.J., supplies a network of 100 online resellers and retail outlets in the U.S. and Canada. White Lotus believes that quality and fair value are more important than low prices and a quick profit. We oppose the exploitation of the planet and its inhabitants. Above all, our people, products and business practices are socially, politically and environmentally responsible.
White Lotus Home
George E. Jordan
Yes, White Lotus Home does House Calls!
What does this mean? It means, that an Organic Bedding Professional will come to your home or place of business with samples of our natural and organic products.
This professional will be happy to answer any questions you have about all White Lotus Home products. They will be able to explain how the products are handcrafted and what materials are being used the make them. They will bring cushions size mattress samples, small bedding samples of duvets and toppers, standard sized natural and organic pillows to test out, all of our sample fibers and fabrics to touch and feel plus a special gift just for you!
Do you know of a group that would be interested in learning more? Host a group consultation and if a person from the group makes a purchase you get a discount on the next order you place.
Where are House Calls currently available? At this time House Calls are available in the Tri State area and South Florida.
Want to double check if we will be in your area? Send us a note: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would you be interested in House Calls in your city? If so, list it below!
Dumbo Location Closing
2016: a new year with new opportunities. As our online and wholesale operations continue to grow exponentially, we are opting to shift our focus away from brick-and-mortar stores. For that reason we are choosing to close our Dumbo, Brooklyn location. While we are sorry to close our doors, we look forward to new opportunities ahead. Thank you for all of your help and patronage over the years!
From now until Thursday, December 31, we are offering 50% OFF STOREWIDE!
Everything is on sale --- mattresses, pillows, hardwood bedroom furnishings, shelving, and more!
To view our SALE offerings click here.
Please visit us at:
61 Pearl Street, Unit 22, Brooklyn, NY 11201
Two New Vendors at White Lotus Home!
We are proud to announce that we now carry products from two new vendors here at White Lotus Home as part of our Green Home Market.
* * *
Our Green Life Product Expo last we...
Our newest showroom in Highland Park, NJ!
We are proud to announce the grand opening of our newest showroom at 431 Raritan Ave in Highland Park, NJ.
* * *
On Wednesday, Dec 3rd, we celebrated the opening of our...
America’s favorite organic bedding store White Lotus Home has opened their first New York City location, in the eclectic and electric neighborhood of DUMBO, Brooklyn...