Now that our children are going back to school, it may be a good time for the rest of us to learn more about Safer Sleep 😴.
Whether you are starting on your green living journey or have a Green MBA already, it is never too late to increase your awareness on the many factors traditional mattresses, pillows and bedding can cause our children’s health.
For this reason, we are giving away 2 FREE mattresses soon!
After 38 years, White Lotus Home has heard almost everything on issues humans worldwide are faced with, by using the wrong mattress and sleeping on unsafe bedrooms and environments. Every once in a while we do learn new cases where traditional or even worse, pretentious products affect human’s health.
Your bedding could be the main reason you are not resting, recovering or healing as best as possible. Please read this link for over 100 reasons why some of our own customers feel they need or needed to replace their mattresses and why we decided to give away 10 mattress absolutely free last year.
We do not mean to frighten you, but over and over we are asked to expand on what we have learned from all the many clients we have helped find a Safer Sleep, in close to 4 decades. The best time to change is now, please do not wait until something goes wrong, there are dozens of chemicals that unfortunately are legally allowed to be included in traditional mattresses, pillows, and bedding. It would be best to start from scratch, but we understand that is not always easily accessible.
However, know that changing the frequency you air out your bedding and how much sunlight you allow it to be exposed to, could help reduce or dissipate the odors and reactions these chemicals in standard bedding can be causing you.
Replacing your topper or pillow top with a new Organic or Green Topper and some new organic sheets can also help dramatically.
Here is how we are going to help you meet the ABCs of a Safer Sleep!
A. Code SaferSleep will give you 30% off all Organic Mattresses, Pillows, Toppers, Sheets, and Stows until the end of the month, this Saturday. Need it Now?
B. For those that need a little more legroom: You can use our 50/50 program during this offer. Pay 50% now and the other 50% when its ready to ship (or until the end of November).
C. How to win one of the 2 FREE mattresses? All orders (no minimum) received from TODAY until the end of September will automatically be entered in this giveaway.
Please add a comment here, explaining why we should choose you.
- The 1st winner will be chosen on September 30th, they will win a Twin Size Mattress of choice (Over a $1,300 Value).
- The 2nd winner will be chosen on October 15th, and that family will win a Queen Size Mattress of choice (Over a $2,100 Value).
- Do not need a mattress and you win? You will get a White Lotus Home Coupon of the VALUE instead :)
Five Contestants to Choose from...Only ONE Gets the Date!
Remember that old show from the 70’s called The Dating Game?
Valentine’s Day is around the corner, and...
We want to give you $100 to go on a date with your favorite White Lotus mattress!
Really?! Yes, really!
Here’s how it works:
Indoor Air Pollutants
One of the most important functions of a home is to control the temperature of the air inside of it, right? We want our homes warm when it's cold outside, yet cool and comfortable when it's too hot outside. All that climate control means insulating our homes as best we can to keep all the warm or cool air inside when we want it there, but what else are we keeping inside at the same time?
There are loads of indoor air pollutants that are commonly found in modern-day homes, and while some may go unnoticed, others can have direct physical effects on your daily health and well being. It's important to be aware of potential indoor air pollutants because you could be facing them on a daily basis, and prolonged exposure could result in long-term health issues.
What Are Indoor Air Pollutants?
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's list of indoor air pollutant sources includes:
- Fuel-burning combustion appliances (like gas stoves)
- Building materials and furnishings like:
- Deteriorated asbestos-containing insulation
- Newly installed flooring, upholstery, or carpet
- Cabinetry or furniture made of certain pressed wood products
- Products for household cleaning and maintenance, personal care, or hobbies
- Central heating and cooling systems and humidification devices
- Excess moisture
What Are Symptoms Caused by Indoor Air Pollutants?
Knowing whether or not you're experiencing health issues related to indoor air pollutants can be tricky since the symptoms often present themselves like the common cold. However, if you've noticed that you have recurring, continuous, or chronic symptoms, you may want to consider what pollutants are floating around your home since you’re more than likely encountering them on a daily basis. Common symptoms caused by indoor air pollutants can be:
- Eye Irritation
- Sinus Congestion
- Nose and Throat Irritation
- Problems Sleeping
How Can I Improve the Air Quality in My Home?
The first thing to consider when improving the air quality in your home is the type of climate that exists outside your home. For example, if you live in an area of the world where it rains a lot, excess moisture may be one of your greatest problems and perhaps the first one you'll want to tackle. However, there are other smaller, simpler steps anyone can take regardless of their location and climate. These factors are more related to the things we keep and use in our homes on a daily basis, which are more easily controlled and perhaps require less of a financial investment:
- Take a good look at your cleaning products. Household cleaning and body products can contain harsh chemicals that are tough on our respiratory systems. Choosing gentler, more natural home cleaning and body products is an easy and great first step to take when working on improving your indoor air quality.
- Let the outside air in. Most residential forced air heating and cooling systems do not bring outdoor air into the house mechanically at all. That means you are relying entirely on natural ventilation to rid your home of indoor air pollutants and bring in the fresh air. Any time the weather permits, open the windows and doors in your house to bring clean air in and send lingering unwanted air pollutants out.
- Consider natural furniture. From sofas to mattresses to throw pillows and cushions, furniture is often made with petroleum-based foam products that release gases into your home. Avoiding off-gassing furniture can help keep your indoor air cleaner and more pleasant.
Keeping a clean, green home is a practice that takes time to master. Let us help you on your journey by subscribing to our newsletter! We’ll make sure to send you all the latest and greatest tips for living an eco-conscious lifestyle inside and out.
Happy New Years!
2017 was an organically great year for White Lotus Home and we hope the same for you, if not please tell us how we can help make your dreams greener? Please leave your comments below.
Did you know if you leave a review on any order we will send you a $20 White Lotus Home coupon code valid towards a future order? To leave us a review and claim your $20 WLH dollars, just click on the REVIEW tab on the product you purchased on our website and make sure you leave your full name and email so we can confirm your order and send you a code.
Thanks in advance for your comments and feedback.
In 2016, we will be celebrating 35 years in the Organic Bedding Industry, what should White Lotus Home do to celebrate?
We want to hear from you. Send in your ideas please. What should we Give away for our 35th Anniversary
Kindly post your comments and ideas below!
Thank you for your feedback!